Spotlight on History
Introducing FIX IT+
In an effort to make our videos more accessible to you, LPB is teaming up with our colleagues at the American Archive of Public Broadcasting (AAPB) on a crowdsourcing project called FIX IT+. The AAPB has created computer-generated transcripts for many of LPB’s archival videos from the 1970s & 1980s using speech-to-text technology. As you can imagine, a computer cannot always accurately translate unique Louisiana names and terminology. So, we need YOUR help in correcting these show transcripts using FIX IT+. Once a transcript is corrected, you will be able to search it and jump to that exact point in the accompanying video that you want to watch! These transcripts will be made available here on the LDMA and on the AAPB.
How to Get Started
1. Visit LPB’s collection on FIX IT+ here: http://fixitplus.americanarchive.org/?collection_id=32
2. Click on “Track My Progress” at the top right-hand corner to sign in with your email address.
3. Click on the episode you want to work on.
4. View the tutorial and then click on “Get Started.”
5. Start fixing the transcript.
6. When you are finished working, click on “I am finished with this transcript!”